Students in the Certificate or MA programs are now eligible to apply for student loans; see below for details of eligibility.
For further information, see http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/som/offices/finaid/
• Any enrolled or accepted degree candidate (Certificate or MA) who is a U.S. Citizen; permanent resident; or eligible non-citizen; and who is not in default on any Federal Direct/Stafford, GradPlus, or Perkins loans.
• Student must be enrolled for at least 5 credits in any 1 semester; that is, 2 courses in one quarter, or one course each in quarter.
- Student must make Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), as defined by the Online Program, in accord with Federal regulations.
Submit FAFSA application (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
• SOM school code is E00235
• Log into the Student Self-Service Portal (http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/som/offices/finaid/sis/index.html) and navigate to the Financial Aid tab. Here you can:
• Confirm receipt of your FAFSA and check your To-Do List for any additional required documents
• Review the Additional Information tab for messages related to your aid eligibility and requirements
• Review your federal loans amounts once they have been awarded and Accept or Decline
• View the anticipated date of your loan disbursements on the Disbursements tab in order to plan accordingly
If you anticipate receiving any outside sources of aid (e.g. private scholarships, employer tuition benefits, AmeriCorps payments, etc.), you must notify the financial aid office so that your financial aid package includes these resources.
Loan Amounts: http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/som/offices/finaid/loans/
• Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan: up to a maximum of $20,500 per academic year
• Federal Direct Graduate PLUS Loan: up to full cost of attendance, less other aid. This loan will require a credit check.